Thursday, February 19, 2009

Just some rambling....

How strange is it that we say we're feeling under the weather when we aren't feeling well at all? I'm sick, but I can't really tell you that I'm feeling under the weather because it happens to be a beautiful day. The sun is shining, I'm hearing the birds sing, everything's bright and crisp. Me, not so much. The great thing about being sick though is I finally get a chance to catch up on some reading and writing. Hence the blog entry.

And I also caught a movie this morning, The Jane Austen Book Club. Granted I've seen this movie about three or four times, but I do really enjoy it. It makes me want to read through my Austen collection and start my own reading group. Which if I did, it wouldn't be limited to just reading some Jane. I like to vary things up a little. My only problem is none of my friends are readers. Or if they do read it takes them months to finish a book. And I'm finding myself to be less of a voracious reader. Something I have to remedy. I need to get myself back on track, back on some sort of schedule.

Anyway, it's said that the French have multiple words for scarves, the same way that Eskimos have various words for snow. Why don't we have a smorgasboard of words for love? There are various ways to love a person. A mother's love, family love, romantic love, friendship. Do you see where I'm headed with this? I mean, love is a very complicated thing to just generalize it all into one word. And love comes in various degrees, there's an intense love, a free love, a comforting love. One would think with all of the vast array of words in the English language there would be more words to describe the many different ways to love. Hmm. I don't know, this is all the curious ramblings of someone who isn't in the perfect frame of health right now. I'm tired, achy, and ready to drink some hot tea and maybe take a nap with a blanket scented with her boyfriend's cologne. I miss him. And there is no word that quite describes how I feel now. Maybe that's it, we are just unable to put in words the intense emotions we experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home